Welcome to Townsend, WI
The Town of Townsend was built along a military rd in 1864. It was originally named Johnson Siding and later, along with Lakewood, became known as the Town of Wheeler. The Town was named Townsend in honor of the man who drove the first railroad spike here.
DO NOT FILL IN THE SHORE OF THE LAKE WITH BEACHES OR RIPRAP It may be illegal to do so without the proper permits and can result in civil forfeitures It can destroy native fish/wildlife habitat and vegetation It may lead to decreased water quality of the lake Possible violations are as follows o 30.15(1)(d)- $767.50 (per day) o 281.36(3b)(b)- $1597.50 (per day) Questions? Please call the waterway/wetland information line 608-267-3125 Wisconsin Department of Natural Resourc
Any road issues, please contact the Hwy Maintenance crew at
Need a new fire number sign? Contact the clerk at or call 715-276-6856. A double sided sign is $15.00 and the pole to mount is $5.00.